My wonderful husband and I have this mini book we call our Little Book of Big Adventures.
Honestly it’s just a bucket list, in the spirit of #LiveInspired, but the twist is every time we complete something we will scribble, doodle or if we feel up to it draw something on a new page to remember it by.
Alongside I have decided to publish the list itself here, minus any item that is my husband’s only, and every time we complete something on the list I will post about it on the blog.
This way I can finally remember everything I want to do, and I can add to it as I go along. I like this part, I knew I wanted to put this out here, but I got the idea doing it as a core post like this from a friend, and it has really got everything together.
Follow me on to the adventures!
To Complete – 51
Done – 0/
So… without further ado here’s the list:
As of April 2015 when I am publishing this post and in no particular order.
- Go to Space, if Virgin Galactic or any other company will allow me to someday.
- Own my own business
- Build our own house
- Take part in the Clipper Round the World Race – At least one leg of it
- Go on the Trans-Siberian all the way to Beijing via Manchuria (Official Website)
- Go on the Seven Stars in Kyushu on the 4 days journey (Official Website)
- See the Pamukkale salt flats in Turkey
- Write a book and get it published
- Visit Thrihnukagigur Volcano in Iceland
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Learn to play the ukulele
- See the Egyptian and Aztec Pyramids
- Ride on a Hot Air Balloon
- Go to the Harbin Ice and Snow Festival in China
- Get a table at the London MCM Comic Con Comic Village
- Get my body fat % between 21 – 24%
- Get a tattoo
- Go on at least one Safari
- Drive a tank
- Go to Obon festival in Japan
- Take a pastry cooking class
- Learn to shoot a gun
- Go to the Great Wall of China
- Learn to cook meat and fish like a chef
- Get a good Virtual Reality Headset
- See a Hot Air Balloon festival – E.g. Albuquerque Int’l Balloon Fiesta, New Mexico
- Stay at an Ice Hotel
- Go to Southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia…
- Go to Singapore & swim in the Marina Bay infinity pool
- See the Northern Lights
- Have (at least :p) a post on this blog rating number 1 on Google
- Spend a night on a deserted island, or organise a party on it!
- Go on a cruise
- Try Sky Diving once -eek-
- Reach Japanese learning level: JLPT N2 & earn that certificate!
- Get to live in Japan for a few years
- Swim in the blue lagoon in Iceland
- Meet with J.K Rowling – I’m not much of a celebrity follower, and frankly I have no idea how I would react or what I would say, but here goes, JK Rowling is just special.
- Be an extra in a film
- Cross the Salar de Uyuni salt flats in Bolivia
- Visit Petra, in Jordan
- Go to the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo
- Become a fellow or board member at a cultural association & influence positive change
- Go on a helicopter ride
- Design a dress or other item of clothing and have it tailor-made
- Put together a collection of paintings
- Go on a trip last-minute
- Invent a cake recipe
- Re-do and complete my own Hogwarts model
- Build an epic train set which will conveniently link to my Hogwarts model
- Dye my hair: Pink, very light blonde & black again
Below are some things I’ve done in the past and may end up writing about – Let me know if there’s one you are particularly interested in:
- Go to French Polynesia: In fact I have lived there for three years, and have visited Bora Bora & the Marquisian Islands
- Swim with dolphins
- Swim with stingrays
- Go on a backpacking tour of Japan
- Celebrate New Year & Hastumode (First visit of the new year to a shrine) in Kyoto, Japan
- Been to Holland – during bloom and otherwise as my family lived there for a while
- Shark Feeding
- Went on a few sailing trips, one was around the Polynesian islands
- Ride a camel
- Ride an elephant
- Try dog sledding (it wasn’t pretty)
- Learned Judo (again, it wasn’t pretty)
- Riding a horse on a beach – when we went to the Marquisian Islands
- Sung publicly – a few times
- Act in plays
- Had the most embarrassing public experience…
- Go to a film premiere – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 in London. Would have given anything to go back for part 2…!
- Drive a motorcycle & a scooter
- Dyed my hair: Black, Blonde, Purple, Blue, … Now I hope I get to do very light blonde and pink.
- Threw a party in a castle – our wedding, it was magical.
- Create my own website
Suggestions are welcome too! What’s on your bucket list?